To get started on MetaTreasure, the first thing you’ll need is to set up a crypto wallet that supports BNB Smart Chain (BSC). Wallets are available both on desktop computers and on smartphone devices. You’ll need to choose the wallet that fits your needs best.
When you're setting up a wallet, be sure to:
√ Download and install only the latest version from an official source.
√ Follow the setup guide carefully.
√ Safely back up your recovery phrases.
X NEVER share your recovery phrases with anyone, under any circumstances.
X NEVER input your recovery phrase to a website or app, other than your wallet app.
Smartphone/Mobile or Desktop wallet?
Mobile device wallets and desktop-based wallets have different strengths and weaknesses. Consider which fits your needs better to help decide which type of wallet to use.
Smartphone/Mobile wallets allow you to access your crypto almost anywhere. Most wallets are available on both Android and iOS devices.
While there are plenty of crypto wallets in the market these days, MetaTreasure recommends the
usage of MetaMask.
MetaMask is a very popular browser-based wallet plugin that supports ERC20 (Ethereum network) and BEP2 & BEP20 (Binance Beacon Chain and BNB Smart Chain networks).
- Open source for auditability
- WEB3 capable on BscScan
- A strong history of security and reliability
- A large amount of how-to guides and resources online
- Many tools and custom settings
- Supports a very large number of languages
- Is also available on mobile devices
- Longer setup time than other options
- Additional steps needed to use with BNB Smart Chain and MetaTreasure
- Extra information and settings may confuse beginners
Download MetaMask (Automatically detects browser)
MetaMask Setup Guide
Setup Guide (Android/iOS)
- Download MetaMask via Google Play Store or AppStore
- Hit the sign-up button and key in your preferred detail
- IMPORTANT – Take note on your Mnemonic Phrase as losing it will mean that you
will not be able to recover your account in case you forgot your password.
- And thatʼs it youʼre done
Setup Guide (Chrome)
- Visit MetaMask and hit the Install MetaMask for Chrome
2. You will be brought to the chrome web store, click on the add MetaMask extension button.
3. Hit the sign up button on your MetaMask extension and key in your preferred details.
4. IMPORTANT – Take note on your Mnemonic Phrase as losing it will mean that you will not be able to recover your account in case you forgot your password.
5. And thatʼs it, youʼre all set.